What I learned in 2015 and hope to continue into 2016:
- It’s important to be grateful for everyone and everything in my life. Don’t take anything for granted. Life is short. Every moment is precious. Every single day I have the opportunity to wake up in a comfy bed, a warm house, with a loving family, great friends and food on the table. If that is not a blessing, then I don’t know what is.
- Follow your heart. Don’t worry about the opinions of others and what people are saying about you. If it feels right to you, do it. Screw societal expectations. Live for yourself. Be selfish. There’s nothing wrong with that.
- My life is in my hands. I have the power to decide how I will react to each and every moment, and that makes all the difference. Happiness begins within.
- If you don’t like someone, that’s okay. Don’t force yourself to be nice to someone or spend time with someone just because they are family or you feel obligated to. – Say no if you want to say no. And say yes if you want to say yes.
- Time is precious and the people you surround yourself with makes a big difference in your life. Choose those people wisely.
- Wake up every morning and choose to be happy. Happiness is a choice.
- Love unconditionally.
- Eat a strawberry and cherish every bite. Be present. Be mindful.
- It’s okay to be afraid. It’s okay to break down every once in a while. It’s okay to have low moments. Just remember to pick yourself back up. Don’t let the negative energy consume you.
- Be unique. Be weird. Be cheesy & naive. Be yourself. Accept it. Love it.
- Don’t take life so seriously. Don’t hold onto grudges. Let it go. Smile
- The universe has a plan for me. Trust it. Have faith. Believe in the magic.
I wish you all a wonderful 2016 with plenty of love, joy and magical moments!!
Happy New Year!